Thread: Painted Spurfowl (Galloperdix lunulata)

tecomella

Default Painted Spurfowl (Galloperdix lunulata)

Attached Images Attached Images

The picture was taken handheld in Sariska National Park, Rajasthan India. This species is endemic to the Indian subcontinent.

Nikon D80
    Nikkor 300mm f/4+ 1.4XTC
    ISO 400 f5.6
    Handheld

Gaurav Bhatnagar
    www.flickr.com/photos/gauravbhatnagar
    http://birdingindia.blogspot.com/

Robert Amoruso

The contrast of the bird to the rock is great. Though I might be tempted to say crop down from the top, I like the details in the rocks and say leave it. Skillful work here.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

lovely bird and composition
    only suggestion - if the focus point were more forward, perhaps tail feathers could have been in focus and gotten more of a blur in BG
    great effort

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool bird. You created a pretty good image in a difficult situation. I would make it a bit lighter (with a Shadow/Highlight adjustment) and get rid of the whitewash on the rocks, esp. the bright white one in front of the bird. Good job on a difficult composition.

To learn more about Shadow Highlight, click here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ead.php?t=1049

and scroll down to Linda Robbins' post.

Later and love, artie
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-06-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

RoxanaRosell

What a beautiful bird, I would have probably cropped a little bit at the top, but started looking at the effect and would probably leave it as it is. Just a little distracted by the grass at the left, however a great picture under the circumstances.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very, very cool bird. Agree fixing the whitewash would make the image "cleaner".

Axel Hildebrandt

Beautiful bird, I don't think I have seen this species before. Thanks for sharing. You did well in difficult circumstances. I agree with Artie regarding S/H.

tecomella

Thanks A lot to everybody for taking time out to see my post. As suggested by all of you, I tried the S/H with the image and toning down the white rock in front made a huge difference. The image looks a lot better now.
    Thanks and Regards
    Gaurav