Thread: Landscape Image of the Week for the week ending Nov. 8th, 2013: Lyle Gruby - Sunrise Over Grand Canyon

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Landscape Image of the Week for the week ending Nov. 8th, 2013: Lyle Gruby - Sunrise Over Grand Canyon

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Lyle!

A while back I posted a few shots of the sunset we witnessed in Grand Canyon. This is the sunrise we were treated to. This isn't a man made overlook. We stopped at one of the turnaround spots and I made my way through the brush to the canyon's edge. The color in the clouds stopped about 50 feet from my vantage point here. (My wife took a shot of the sky with with her cell phone while sitting on the road where the clouds were lit up in pink--oh well, that's how it goes) Luckily there was a great vantage point here with something to use as a foreground. It was, however, very steep. I fully expected to be underwhelmed before we got to Grand Canyon due to all the buildup you see and read about it, but it literally took my breath away when I first saw it. The scope has to be seen to be believed. I wish we could have stayed here longer. I processed this one as I did the previous shot-- using blend modes. I added a little contrast to this one using levels and curves adjustments. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
    D3S
    16-35 @ 16mm
    ISO 200
    f/14

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous -- well-deserved -- congrats!