Thread: Second Post.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Second Post.

This image was captured late afternoon on a clear day.
    I am submitting the edited version first as well as the original capture (raw saved to jpg) as well as a link to the original RAW file.
    Thanks in advance.

Original Capture

Original Capture Info:

Edited Image

Edited Image Info:

Cropped in LR
    Cloned out duck on L U corner
    Cloned out Garbage from LU corner
    Cloned out the duck behind the L wing
    Applied selective adjustmet to the goose’s face increased exposure 1.52 stops and clarity +100
    Applied selective adjustment to the body and wings and sharpened to 49, decreased noise to 26 and increased clarity to 59
    Applied selective adjustment to the water on the L side of the frame and increased the exposure by 0.41
    Original file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nao6v5xchmfanes/JBP_0783.NEF

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This one looks very good to me -- the original histogram shows a good exposure (no loss of detail in blacks or whites) and your slider positions in the processed version look like what I would have done. Excellent way to show us the processing!

There is an outline around the head, probably from JPEG compression -- I'm sure it isn't there in the original RAW file!

Looking at the waves, I'd do a slight counter-clockwise rotation.

At first I didn't see camera and lens data, and then I saw you have cleverly included it in the first screenshot. Why didn't I think of that!? And it looks good to me.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Diane. Will straighten it out a little bit.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joaquin, i believe everything is already said, but one question stills remains to me, why f 8? This aperture compromised the softness of the background. Don`t know what was your distance from the goose but a larger aperture would have helped, if possible of course.

That said, i do like the rest of the image, specially the light hitting on the wings.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joaquin

I think your adjustments are good and have improved the image. I would look at where you cloned out the duck near the birds head again as there is a visible circle. I also agree with rotating the image slightly. I look at where the water meets the land and try and get that so it looks right.

Iain