Thread: A very BIG thank you

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A very BIG thank you

Well, it's the 1st of December, time to start thinking about festive plans and spending time with family, as we are almost at the closure of one year and the start of a brand new one.

To all of you folk out there in the Wildlife Forum, we, the Wildlife Mods would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah or simply a joyous holiday season & a fruitful and healthy New Year.

We would like to thank you for your contributions & commitment in both comments and images, portraying animals from around the world and illustrating what a wonderful showcase we have here. Certainly in the last quarter it has be very rewarding to see members making this more of a community and helping others, both on and off the Forum, creating a nice friendly spirit (and humours at times) within the threads posted too.

For those of you who have been looking and/or lurking, but unsure about participating, we hope that you will join us in the New Year and become an active participant as we all continue to learn from each other.

While our subjects may bite, we don't.

All the very best,
    Steve, Rachel & Morkel
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Steve, Rachel & Morkel,
    thank you for the wishes, the three of you simply rock! I must say I feel connected to BPN mainly because of you guys! It's an awesome community and wish you all happy holidays and a Merry Christmas! Cheers!
    sanjeev

3. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, Rachel, Morkel,
    Many thanks for all your support, suggestions and advice. Hopefully some of it sticks.
    Martin

5. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello you great Mods in the WLF,
    you are a great part of this wonderful ,helpful and sometimes really funny forum, love to be part it as soon as i started to participate on a regular basis.
    I learned a lot in here , still learning though, special thanks are going to Mr K..Not meaning the others do not help but , for me , he gives the most valuable input, maybe due to his BKG.
    Rachel and Morkel are great , too, but in another way . I think , you Rachel , made the biggest steps , from a participant to a Mod, congrats on that step again from me.
    Thanks to all the people who participate in here, making this a wonderful media for watching some nice images and reading funny or useful comments.

Rachel, Morkel and Steve, wish you al the best for the near and far future , a merry christmas and good not too deep slide into 2014.

Looking forward for 2014 and what is coming here.

I would suggest , if possible , organize a conference for all who are interested to look in some faces and meet the people behind the images and their avatars , could be fun……………..or not.

I myself …. do not bite, maybe sometimes with words.

So cheers ANDREAS

7. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Andre Pretorius's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I thank all of the Mods, to me this has been the year that my PP has grown more in 6 months than in 10years!

My technical knowledge has expanded exponentially, the thirst for more is bigger than ever!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on BPN, may your shutters make a big noise in 2014!

Love this Community!

PS-Love the idea of a get-together, but the logistics…maybe let's have it in Hluhluwe!

I thank all on BPN again.

Andre.
    Regards

Andre.

www.gappimages.com

9. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dearest Steve, Rachel and Morkel, as well as BPN friends,

Joining BPN has been- and still is- an exercise of fidelity and respect towards this passion I have for photography. The lessons here taught me a certain freedom of interpretation, although I am still learning to control the impulse of modifying colours and shapes - I now try to use common sense when portraying my characters. To me photography is not just a hobby; it has an educational function and is a powerful tool for preserving the environment. Sharing an image on BPN is at times a great thrill, because I am trying to achieve more than presenting a simple piece of information, these images are close to my heart and carry those emotions I felt while capturing the moment. I thank you all for being so kind to participate with constructive criticism, it helped me gain a wealth of knowledge and also, made me come to a conclusion: in photography, there is no set of rules, or rather, there are plenty flexible rules as well as precise steps in a process. Lately, the anxiety I used to have when posting a new image feels more like an upheaval- I present the initial idea and with your participation I manage to make the right choices (and changes). I am sad when processing an image comes to an end, the real beauty of it all is being able to go back and change and "rewrite" the story I am trying to tell. Therefore I instantly want to process another one. But Mr. Kaluski taught me to bid my time-if the image is not there waiting for me, it is pointless trying to rush things...

Wishing you all a happy festive season and may 2014 bring you joy and fulfilment in every way! Heartfelt thanks to the Moderators who made my life easier, as well as more complicated (does it make sense?)

Warmest regards from sunny Africa,
    Gabriela Plesea

11. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rachel , Morkel and Steve ,I too wish to say a Big Thanks for all you do . You have created a great place to Lurk ,Learn and Share . I realize it takes much of your time ,to be so dedicated to a forum ,But your work has helped so many more than you will ever know . I hope the good returns to you, with interest . May God Bless you all this holiday season .

13. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Much has been said above and I would put my voice behind it all. My apologies for being quiet over the last few weeks. I've finally got some time with family in UK, and while I'm checking on things occasionally, I've not had much chance to post. Will catch up next week.
    I look forward to another year of learning and opportunities.
    Thank you to all 3 and all the community of BPN WLF.
    Ed

15. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Happy Holidays to you 3 mods as well.

Since I joined BPN, especially the Wildlife section I have improved huge. Thanks to all 3 mods. I make a big bow in front of you, for all your help, as well that you bare with me and my quirky comps or whatever I come up with
    I have learned so much, I never would have accomplished myself. Sometimes it was frustrating, sure it was, but the learning curve was always pointing up never down
    Have my laughs in the forum, I enjoy it

Thanks so much you 3, Happy Holidays, hope you enjoy them

Happy Holidays to all

Ciao Anette

PS wuff wuff from arc as well
    Last edited by Rachel Hollander; 12-06-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Removed image pursuant to Guideline 8.

17. Thanks Morkel Erasmus, Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve, Rachel, Morkel thanks a lot, new to this forum but I must say I have learned a tremendous amount with the fair and honest critique and advice I have received, it's like being on a different planet from other rather less enjoyable times I have experienced on another forum.

Very best wishes for Christmas and a happy new Year. Keith

19. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post