Thread: Romania 2013

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Romania 2013

Hi

I took a week trip to Romania this year. I must admit I have really fallen for Eastern Europe as a bird photography destination as it has so much to offer. The highlight of the trip must have been spending a couple of days in a hide boat going around the expansive wetlands of the Danube Delta. In fact I have decided to return next year to spend a whole week in the delta.

For those considering a trip to Romania you may find my account interesting and I have given a day by day report with photos which can be found here

http://wildlifephotographic.blogspot.../label/Romania

Please note the days are in reverse order.

Cheers

Rich

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great trip report Rich. I can see why you want to head back to the delta. Thanks for the link.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Declan. As part of next years trip we will be heading to the northern part of the Delta on the Ukraine border where access has just recently become available to photographers. The place is known as 'the last frontier' so should be interesting :)

cheers

rich

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is just brilliant Rich. I wish I had seen this earlier but its never too late. I have plans of heading to romania in the 1st week of october and planning to take my kit this time to try and get some of these guys! My worry is, would oct 1st week be too late to get these birds in romania as they would have started their annual migration? Also could you please help me on things like transportation from bucharest, stay at danube and contacts at danube for the hide setup and bird location etc. A huge thanks in advance. Cheers!