Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virga Rain/Snow At Sunset

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lacy View Post
    I am a little late to this discussion but I would like to make two comments that hopefully will not offend anyone. First it is obvious from Davids responses that he knew exactly what we wanted to do with the exposure of the scene you might not agree with his vision of the image but it was not a mistake created by bad technique. Second a knowledgeable photographer can use and will know which exposure mode best fits the scene and or is most conductive to creating his vision of the image be it Aperture, Tv, or Manual all three will give you the correct exposure if used properly. One last thought some might find amusing in event photography the inside joke is that the P on the dial stands for profesional or pay day.
    Well said Don. Funny thing is that there is even a place for P in nature photography--I always found it best when using fill flash in low, changing light (with EC of course).
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Lacy View Post
    I am a little late to this discussion but I would like to make two comments that hopefully will not offend anyone. First it is obvious from Davids responses that he knew exactly what we wanted to do with the exposure of the scene you might not agree with his vision of the image but it was not a mistake created by bad technique. Second a knowledgeable photographer can use and will know which exposure mode best fits the scene and or is most conductive to creating his vision of the image be it Aperture, Tv, or Manual all three will give you the correct exposure if used properly. One last thought some might find amusing in event photography the inside joke is that the P on the dial stands for profesional or pay day.
    Hey Don, Well said. I agree 100%. When I use fill flash for songbirds in low, changing light P works best with the appropriate EC dialed in :)
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12