Thread: birds in clearwater florida

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default birds in clearwater florida

looking for places to photography birds in Clearwater florida, in November. thank you ron willis

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ron, I moved your thread to the Florida Regional Group forum.

Are you wanting only within Clearwater or a little bit outside of that too? I'm asking because that is close enough to Fort Desoto to make it well worth the short drive there to get to one of the best bird photography spots in the U.S. (less than an hour).

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Daniel, yes i'am willing to go outside Clearwater. I can not find fort Desoto, on my map of florida. is it north or south of Clearwater. thank you ron

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It is actually south of St Pete Beach. Plug 3500 Pinellas Bayway S, St Petersburg, FL 33715 into a mapping program for directions from your location.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fort Desoto is pretty great. Only been there a couple of times, but the North beach was stellar.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fort Desoto Park in Tierra Verde, FL is where you will find your best bird photography, and it's not too far from Clearwater. Here's a link to the park: http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.htm. The best place to photograph there is at North Beach, but also East Beach and the Gulf Pier. Mornings are probably best, but afternoons can be really good also. It's better when it's not high tide.

This site for the Great Florida Birding & Wildlife Trail can help give you idea on where you may wish to visit in and around Clearwater. http://floridabirdingtrail.com/index.php. You would probably like Honeymoon Island, the Dunedin Causeway (which is on the way out to Honeymoon), John Chestnut Park, Fred Howard Park. That said, I think you'd probably like Fort Desoto the best.

Happy shooting.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook