@40mm
    1/160s, f/4, ISO-1250
    Pattern, 0 Ev
    LR3, PSE11
    October 2013

Name:  IMG_1722_BPN.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  283.5 KB

Thanks for looking and comments/suggestions.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hmmm ... an unusal landscape image. we'll let the mods say yes or no on that one.

Meanwhile, it appears that the scene was lighted by a purple-colored light on the lower left. If it were mine, I'd do a little more PS work to elminate the color cast on the pillar, and on the lower part of the dress as well as the lotus flowers. You'll have to match the pillar and the dress, etc. as appropriate. so it will take a bit of work.

A little evidence of sharpening artifacts but small and not easily noticed by the uninitiated -- and this forum's posting software adds a little sharpening....so I'd say your original work was sharpened just right.

The red material in foreground just under the evil buffalo in front () is a little soft -- a result of the lack of depth of field in the choice of f4. You're pushing the ISO 1250 (noise limit on 5D2) so upping that can't help. But you had room for an f5.6-f8 by going to 1/80 or less with that lens.

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about the image?

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Prabir, since this forum is also cityscapes and travel I think this festival image is at home here. Don has already done a pretty thorough critique of this one. A little more DOP would have help out a lot and I do wish the petals that the figures are standing in was uniform in color...currently one side is red and the other as Don mentions is lit by a purplish light. TFS!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don, Andrew - thanks a lot for your detailed reviews. Actually the color cast was because of lighting that was changing color every 60 seconds., it was made that way.

About the image.... Its Durga Puja Festival, the biggest of Eastern India, especially Bengal. The festival is about the mother Goddess winning over the evil to protect her children, the people. As per the Hindu Mythology, Lord Rama worshiped the mother Goddess Durga at this time before taking on the journey to Sri Lanka to fight and defeat the evil king Ravana to rescue his queen Sita who was abducted by Ravana.
    Thanks for your patience.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Prabir, thank you for the explanation - it adds a lot to the image. I'd like to see the shadows in water buffalo (Ravana?) open up just a little bit. I hope you share more with us
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot, Cheryl.