Thread: Equipment + bad wether = ?????

Meint Sijp

Default Equipment + bad wether = ?????

Hi i was wondering how you guys handle your equipment in bad wether.
    Do you pack it in plastick bags to protect it or something else or do you just keep it like it is and then clean and dry it when comming home. And haow do you clean dry camera and lenses after rain and snopw when it wet??????

Regards
    Meint Sijp
    DK

Alfred Forns

Hi Meint I use a rain cover for the lenses Does protect them fairly well Pro-body cameras have a weather seal that helps a lot

In the field I do take a towel around the tripod for wiping down Also take a little brush and lens cleaning material The biggest problem I have is sand It has a way of working its way in the camera and can cause trouble

For cleaning just a damp towel and wipe everything down

Maxis Gamez

Hi Meint,

Because I live in Florida when I go out in a not so good day and since I have a kayak, I use a dry bag big enough to put my gear including my ballhead and sidekick. The one I have can also hold a 500 with a body.

In fact It saved me few weeks ago. You can carry one in your pocket. A truly life saver!

Meint Sijp

Thanks for the comments. Ya sand is a bad thing for the equipment.... but mostlikely rain or dust in dk is a problem some times. so will try rain cover for shots