Thread: Shoulder Bag for Long Lens and Camera?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Shoulder Bag for Long Lens and Camera?

Hello all! I was looking for a shoulderbag for my 7D and 300 2.8 combo. I want to be able to have the hood extended when using it. However, I am looking at upgrading to a 600 f4 in a yearish, so, I would like a bag which would fit such a combo. I saw the Kinesis L622, and it seemed good, yet is nearly 300 dollars. Lowepro has a bag, the 600 AW Trekker, yet it does not seem to be a shoulder bag. I am of a rather large build, and have no trouble carrying the 7D with 300 2.8 and 2x TC for many hours on a Rapid Strap, and I love the accessibility of a side hold, therefore, I am seeking a shoulder bag.

Do any of you use a shoulder bag? What models? What would be recommended? Thanks in advance!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I personally prefer the Lowepro-Lens-Trekker-600-II-AW to the Kinesis. It's just a matter of personal preference. If you go with the Lowpro, make sure is the version II which is longer than the original.

I now see you are looking for a shoulder bag only. This is not a shoulder bag, but a backpack. Not sure if you can find a shoulder bag for the 600.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The Lowepro II is a perfect fit for the 600 with a body and a 2X attached, but you'll need to reverse the lens hood even with just the bare lens. The bag has two sturdy D-rings on the sides right at the top, and it would be possible to hook a shoulder strap there. Or you might be able to use one of the two shoulder straps as a single strap. The bag is 2 ft tall, but the flap zips down 2/3 of the way, so it might be possible to pull the camera / lens out holster-style.

I doubt you'll find a better bag for the 600, and, unlike some bags, it isn't heavier than the equipment it holds.

"One should not only photograph things for what they are but for what else they are." -- Minor White

www.dianemiller.smugmug.com/Photography
    www.DianeDMiller.com/tutorials

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Chris, I have been working with LensCoat on a new long lens bag. It sounds perfect for your needs. The bag should in in production. Contact Scott at LensCoat.com

Best, Chas

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all!

@ Chas: I will have to contact him. This sounds interesting!