Thread: Yellow Warbler

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellow Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

From a short outting at West end yesterday. It was nice to see a few warblers showing up.

320 ISO f5.6 at 1/1250th
    minus 1/3
    auto fill
    30% crop

Judy Lynn Malloch

I find this to be a very lovely image with wonderful color and very striking composition. Even though the bird is centered in this image IMO it works because you would lose so much of the blossoms if you cropped tighter. I like the V that draws your eye right into your main subject. You left plenty of room for the birtual tail so for me it all works and no nits for me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I see what Judy is saying, but I still would prefer if the bird was placed more to the left. I also find the OOF foreground branch in the way. I like the warbler's pose, and the flowery foliage :-)

Robert Amoruso

Joe,

With a 30% crop, you have some room to play with - I recommend you give more room to the right assuming it will improve the image (i.e., not some close OOF branch there). I also suggest you desaturate the yellows a bit to get detail back into the face.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one, Joe, I really like the head turn and BG. I have to agree about more room on the right.

jn