Thread: holidays in florida

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default holidays in florida

going to be in st Augustine and Kissimmee florida in November. looking for places to photography birds. not looking for any specific species any help would be appreciated. thank you ron

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ron:

One place I know you would enjoy and is not far from Kissimmee is Circle B Bar Reserve. If you plug that into google you'll get a lot of information. You will find many species there. It's not the best time of year to photograph birds in Florida, but there are always birds at Circle B.

I am unfamiliar with St. Augustine, esp at that time of year. However, you may wish to try Viera Wetlands and/or Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. With Viera you need to check for road/gate closures and you can usually find that online on their site.

If you ever return to these location between January and June, both Gatorland and the Alligator Farm are great places to photograph nesting birds.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thank you marina for the info I appreciate ron

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Also, I have not been there, but have heard much of Paynes Prairie www.floridastateparks.org/paynesprairie/, and also Kissimie Praire www.floridastateparks.org/kissimmeeprairie