Thread: Greeting from SC

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Greeting from SC

Hi, Everyone

Id like to make an intro into the community and hopefully learn more about what makes the perfect image.I have been shooting wildlife for about three years now. I had avoided critique forums for a long time due to fear of my images being bashed to all ****, but after a few years I feel very confident in my abilities.

I am a fairly young photographer as you can see in my picture( I am on the left) Getting the most out of my time before I enlist into the Navy and later on pursue a career in wildlife biology.

As far as my images and gear go I currently am using a Nikon d90, my lenses consist of my pride and joy 300mm f/4 af-s, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, tokina 11-16 f/2.8 and a kenko 1.4x teleconverter oh and my Induro ct213 with a acratech gv2 ball head ( nope I dont own a single off camera flash,I sold it a while back, I dont like using them on my wildlife, I feel if i cant get the shot with natural light, its not meant to be. Some of my inspiration comes from Art Wolfe, Moose Peterson and Colin Knight(a good friend of mine).

If you read through all that i am impressed and thank you for your time, hope to learn some new stuff and meet cool people
    Last edited by Christopher Miller; 08-19-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Changed font color so it shows up on all skins

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN, Chris! You have certainly come to the right place to learn. BPN is all about honest, gentle critiques designed to help you improve your photography and most importantly have fun.

From your post, I'm guessing you tried to attach an image. As a forum participant, you have to host the image on a separate website and "insert" it into your post. This link has complete instructions on how to post images: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...m-Time-to-Time.

Looking forward to your participation here!
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Chris and welcome! It's not fun getting your images bashed as you have said but it can toughen your skin for sure. I feel there is no reason to "BASH" another's work but gentle honest critiques are the helpful way to go. I think sometimes people just don't really know how to word what they want to say so I have learned to train myself to try to get the suggestion behind the message if you know what I mean. Anyway it's definitely a good way to leanr and has helped me a lot here. With that said I look forward to seeing your images and don't forget your critiques are important here as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Chris

We actually don't "bash" photos here, but provide honest critique so people can actually learn and improve their photography. BPN is not for everyone, but it is sure fun for those who choose to see, learn and excel as many of our members have...

hope you enjoy the site!

Please also consider becoming a full member and support the site. It's members' support that keeps this site rolling

welcome, welcome
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Chris!! Looking forward to your participation...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN, Chris
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/