Thread: Chest Harness

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Chest Harness

Struggling with my 500 f4 atm with a shoulder injury, and was out on a bird survey event and one of the observers/photographers had a rather good chest harness supporting his Canon 100-400 lens/camera. He bought from the USA somewhere, and in hindsight I should of asked for more information. The lens/camera was simply slid on and off via male/female arrangement on the front of the harness...seemed like a good idea. So have been searching the internet trying to find the same with thoughts of using it to walk around with the 500 f4...but can't seem to locate it.

Anyone know offhand where they may be sold, and if anyone has actually used a chest harness arrangement for 500 f4

thanks

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Phil, I have a Cotton Carrier I like, but the largest lens I've used with it is the Nikon 300 f/4. I can't hand hold my 500mm, so it's always tripod mounted. I've thought about buying the Steady Shot to add to the system to support the 500mm, but haven't yet. If you click on the Retailers link, it will show who sells it. I believe there are two retailers in Australia. I bought mine from either B&H or Outdoor Photo Gear (can't remember which).

3. Thanks PhilCook thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jeannean.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cotton carrier would be my choice but I am biased because they are local and have always been awesome to deal with. http://www.cottoncarrier.com/ - Give them a call if you stuggle to find a retailer.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My wife and regularly use the Kinesis X Harness when hand holding a Canon 600 II with a 1D series body. We are very happy with them.