Thread: Target Locked

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Target Locked

Attached Images Attached Images

Osprey,

We found this guy three or four time ,with or without pray on different,different preaches. This shot is from the moving boat and Handheld.

Hope you all like it ,

Here are the exif.....

Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
    Shooting Date/Time 02/09/13 1016 PM
    Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
    Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1250
    Av(Aperture Value) 10.0
    Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
    Exposure Compensation 0
    ISO Speed 400
    Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
    Focal Length 700.0mm

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice looking staring away pose with the flared wings. Nice and sharp too. The shot looks over exposed to me by about 2/3 stop. Starting to see some noise in the darks. Reducing the highlights and maybe a sat boost will bring this nice shot up a couple notches.
    Well done.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Exposure looks but but image is presented too light. Nice talons and sharp but the bird looking away and the half raised wing position to not cut it for me.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Highlights were fine. Pulled the curve down a bit and added some BLACK to the BLACKs and NEUTRALs in Selective Color.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.