Thread: Common Murre

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Common Murre

Another one from our trip to the Isle of May.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, EF 4.0-5.6/70-300L IS at 300mm, ISO400, f9.0, 1/400sec.

What do you think?

Bernd

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love seeing the pair, and the way the right bird's wings are almost enveloping the left. Shot from a nice angle and good head angles on both. Exposure looks nice. Really like seeing the environment and evidence of the colony behind the pair. Some will say the white in the BG is distracting, but to me it is obviously other birds and part of the colony. I find this image tells a good story.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this a lot, the main subjects are nice and sharp with a bit of action happening to add life to the image....I think the one on the right is telling Big Fish Stories hehehehe. What i really like about this one is the backdrop that is just depth of field to show that this is in a bird rookery, and some interesting colors coming through, I think shots like this are very interesting, more so that the typical " Bird on a Stick " image. not much I can think of the improve this shot....thanks for showing, wish I was there.