Thread: The Dancing Peafowl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Dancing Peafowl

Name:  peadance3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  288.9 KB
    The Indian Peafowl or Peacock are known to dance in all their splendor before the rains creep in as part of their pre mating rituals. I had never had the opportunity to be close enough to shoot them and my chance came during my last trip. Chose to go tight with the compo to avoid the bg clutter ...

7D, 420mm, 5.6, 1/125, 200, 0

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A common sight here and there around Australian gardens, farms and zoos, but one that never ceases to amaze and impress, what an amazing world we live in.

Like how you have filled the frame completely to enhance the display, great as is, but I think a tiny bit more brightness would make this even more eye catching

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful peacock and colors. I love the comp and how the whole frame is filled with all the colorful feathers. I agree with Phil, a bit lighter will enhance this fine image. Nice work

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You made a very good choice to shoot him tight. I really like the composition, agree a little brighter would help. I'd probably address that bright thing coming through the bird's feathers to the left of the bird's body.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Supreet - really enjoy the tighter crop. I'm not sure I can think of another bird where cutting off such beautiful feathers has such an effect. Nicely done!

Miguel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot guys, yes it was a very difficult decision to try this compo (and that too when im shooting guy dancing for the first time ) Glad that I tried it :)