Thread: Brahamy Kite, with mouse tail sticking out of it's mouth.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brahamy Kite, with mouse tail sticking out of it's mouth.

Wasn't sure what to do here. I replaced the background. I keep a stock background folder for these shots. So easy.
    I could of added more canvas to the bottom and sides very easy? Not sure how to make this look better.
    Shot this back in Feb. But I shot 25,000 photos in the last 3 months so just getting around to this one.
    Gary

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Impressive flight image, the fanned tail is attractive, however feel the over all image is very warm as the head white and breast white is not visible
    On the left top corner there is a line of white which may be formed when canvas was extended.
    Sharp image here

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Cant really comment on color as I've never seen this species...but certainly looks great against the soft green backdrop....wonderful wing and tail spread

have you considered a different crop such as vertical as shown ?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

vishaljadhav, thanks for the comment. I didn't even see the whit on the canvas there. I will play with the pic now with some advice.

Phil, I do believe you have nailed it. I never even thought of a vertical crop? Wow, that really sets that guy off nicely.
    Thanks, allot

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gary, The Repost by Phil makes this a better image. You have missed out on the details of how the image was taken but assume your shutter speed has been over 1/1000 as you got fine detail.

The Kite seems to have bit more color than the ones here in Sri Lanka could this be a juvenile.

Hiran

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hiran, I just noticed I did not post the details. Can't believe i did not. I always like to see the details of the shot.
    I used vibrance in PS, that may have changed the colors some what. I will try and redo it. With out Vibrance and see if the colors are different.

When I was shooting these guys. I was also shooting Black Kites. I would set the camera for the Black Kites and when a Brahminy would come over I would ramp up the shutter speed to keep from over exposing the head and bill. Hence the high shutter speed. Fast and easy for me to change on the fly.

1/4000
    500mm
    1D IV
    ISO 1250

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Kinard; 06-03-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gary, if you would have come lower on the ISO then there would be less noise which means more detail on the bird.

Hiran

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hiran, I was shooting Black Kites and these together I set the ISO and shutter for the Black Kites and when these would come by I would quickly ramp up my shutter speed to keep from not blowing the highlights. I am not very experienced at BIF. Next time I will try to lower it.
    Gary