Thread: easy on and off straps?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default easy on and off straps?

Hi all

I do apologize for not being more active. Things have been slow for me over the last several months.

Wanted to thank those that offered advice on my last question regarding where else to purchase camera battery packs.

So now I have another dilemma:

I purchased a Body Guard and Raincoat for my Canon 50D. I wondered if there is an easier way to deal with the strap. In order to put the Body Guard on, I have to remove the nylon connectors of my strap from the camera. Is there a strap with hooks that would work better than the strap Canon included with my 50D body? It would be nice not to have to undo and redo it each time I want to use the Body Guard.

My thanks in advance...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Lorello View Post
    Is there a strap with hooks that would work better than the strap Canon included with my 50D body? It would be nice not to have to undo and redo it each time I want to use the Body Guard.

My thanks in advance...
    I use a Black Rapid Sport, which attaches with a carabiner hook (that locks) to a fastener that screws into the camera's tripod socket. Black Rapid makes several models, all unhook easily. The only downside is if you leave the fastener in the tripod socket (which is probably typical) then the camera doesn't sit flat anymore.

Barry