Thread: back up batteries for Canon 50D

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default back up batteries for Canon 50D

I apologize if this isn't the place to ask this - I'm preparing for an all day whale watch and in dire need of back up batteries for my Canon 50D. Normally, I order my equipment/accessories from B&H however the Canon batteries are out of stock and I'm concerned in being able to obtain additional batteries in time for my trip. I previously ordered several Pearstone batteries a year ago and nearly all of them are failing to hold a charge after just over a year of usage. Any suggestions on additional suppliers I can order from if these batteries do not become available within the next week from B&H? I learned a good lesson on sticking with Canon and should have known better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd just do an online search on the battery name and you'll come up with suppliers. Or try Hunt's or Adorama or Amazon. If B&H is out it may indicate a problem with the supply chain -- I'd want to find someone who has them asap and not wait to see if B&H will get them back in.

Interesting caution about third party batteries. I wouldn't have thought they would be that bad. But I have been told that they are so inferior in manufacture that they can overheat and catch fire!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

IF you have the BG-e2 vertical grip you could use regular AA batteries..

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

When I had a 50D, I used batteries by Maximal Power. They are inexpensive and seemed to last as long as the Canon batteries. You can usually find someone selling them on EBay

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much for the replies and information - I plan to order from Adorama - they also have a twin pack of 8gb flash cards that I plan to purchase too.

I was really disappointed with the Pearstone batteries - almost tempted to email them and ask what is up - I should be able to pull up a copy of purchase order from B&H with an exact date of when I got them. From the reviews, they seemed like a good deal with good reviews.