Thread: Brown Pelican in flight..

Eric Wikander

Default Brown Pelican in flight..

This was taken on a James Shadle Boat trip with Blake, Artie, and Jim. Shot taken in Tampa Bay... yes I was standing in the bay. You guys gotta go... I have many more wonderful images but the experience of shooting with these guys was the real treat for me! Watching them work was great!

Shot taken with the Canon 1D and 3002.8L IS + 2x

Alfred Forns

Hi Eric you are right about the boat !!! It is a blast

I think you should have compensated more for this bird Off the sky is one plus These birds need lots of light and lit by sun

Would extend canvas on top Wing is close to being clipped Will try to do something in PS but not sure Lightening this might introduce lots of noise Re-post in a bit

Alfred Forns

Attached Images Attached Images

Eric this has a little more light Was able to lighten and change the color

Would suggest to check histogram and push the histogram to the right Make one image of any pelican Once you get the exposure right the other can be made at the same exp

Maxis Gamez

Hi Eric,

Besides doing what Al said, I suggest you to get him off the center of the frame.

Did you reveal your mystery location in the other forum?

Samuel Mulder

I think I'm seeing a bit of color cast on this.

Not to disagree with Al, but I think his version might be a bit on the bright side. I'd go for something in between. I agree with Maxis that you need to get him out of the center of the frame. Extend the canvas up and crop some off the left.

I really like the position, detail, and sharpness here.