Thread: Mallard

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mallard

Attached Images Attached Images

Had a chance to catch this guy today. Used the 1DIV, 300+2X TC, ISO 400, f/8.0, 1/2500. Used the tripod and gimbal head. C&C greatly appreciated.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice wing position and colors. I would crop some off the top as there seems to my eye too much blank space around the bird with no interest. Using the "rule of thirds" here's an alternate crop to consider.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice capture Don! Techs look great with excellent exposure, color, and detail. Good flight pose and wing position. I would suggest a crop from the top to get the bird out of the vertical center. Good job!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well, there you go! Thank you Jeannean for posting this crop while I was typing!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great advice, above,. it is amazing what a difference the subject placement can make in a photograph. As a general rule, always look over the four corners of the photo and ensure is is balanced and has a pleasing composition, or a composition you want to show. The rule of thirds is one method of composition that usually works well. The more subjective form in this case is to try and have the subject moving towards the lens not away. You did a nice job with the colors and light,..keep working these ducks you improve with every shot.

ps - flight is difficult keep it up.
    Last edited by Jeff Cashdollar; 02-20-2013 at 05:51 PM.