Thread: Parking at Shark Valley

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Parking at Shark Valley

I am planning on photographing at Shark Valley in the Everglades just off rt 41. I will be there prior to the opening of the roads and the usual public parking. In the past there was an area outside the "official" park site that you could park on the pull off of rt 41 and an area where you would incur the wrath of the local police. I don't remember just how to be sure I am legal.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Ed

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

People routinely park on the south side of the Tamiami Trail just east of the entrance to Shark Valley. I wouldn't be surprised if the area that incurred wrath was either on the north side of the road, or west of the entrance to Shark Valley. Good luck.

3. Thanks Ed Cordes thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bernstein View Post
    People routinely park on the south side of the Tamiami Trail just east of the entrance to Shark Valley. I wouldn't be surprised if the area that incurred wrath was either on the north side of the road, or west of the entrance to Shark Valley. Good luck.
    Thanks so much Ron. We will stay on the South and East side. We appreciate your assistance.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You are welcome, Ed. I was at Shark Valley about a month ago and saw only four birds, so I hope the water levels are lower when you arrive. I suggest you check with the ranger station there. I don't know if this is on your radar, but the newly resurfaced loop road just west of shark valley offers some interesting landscape options. You can see my work there with infrared at this link:

http://www.ronbernsteinphotography.c...9638&k=rJF5d4b

I hope you have an enjoyable trip. Let me know if you have any other questions: I've lived in Miami for over 30 years!