Thread: Wild India: Elephant Attacks trailer

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild India: Elephant Attacks trailer

This is the trailer of a film on elephants that I am working. I have expanded the scope and working on other parts of India, so this will take another year to finish. I am sharing the youtube link which already has got some 15k hits, so feel more confident :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMjkx4nNA9g

I first started with 1D Mark IV and now I am using Canon EOS C300 cinema camera.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

So sad to see these gentle giants in distress, Sabhyasachi. Looking forward to the completed film and hope that it can bring about a positive change.
    All the best!

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sabyasach,
    Thank you for posting. Very interesting. It will be interesting to see your completed film. Best of luck.

Roger

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Siddharth and Roger!

I am moving between several projects. I just shot a project on leopards and it is getting into editing stage. Will release a trailer hopefully in a week. The elephant project has got delayed than I had estimated. I am getting footage from different parts of India and trying to weave into a story later.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sabyasachi, please let me know when the film is completed. I run a listserv on elephant news (one on African elephant news, one on Asian elephant news) for the Kenya-based organization Save the Elephants, and all the top elephant conservationists, wildlife managers, researchers, advocates, etc receive my news and resources, and I'd like to share this with them when it's done. There are about 1200 subscribers worldwide. Just send me a pm.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Melissa,
    Good to connect with you. I was supposed to complete the film early this year, but have postponed it as I wanted to increase the scope. It first started with the 1D Mark IV and now I have upgraded the quality as I am shooting it with the C300 cinema camera. I had an extensive survey of places impacted by one herd of elephants that are coming from naxalite conflict areas and will be documenting that this year. The situation of our elephants in India is really bad. They are such gentle creatures. They understand a lot. There is a place where elephants wait for close to 12 hrs for the traffic to stop and then cross the road and come to drink water. I am documenting elephants in South, East and North East India. I can only hope to generate awareness about the plight of our elephants in India. Hope we can save them.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi