Thread: Cormorant headthrow

muralin

Default Cormorant headthrow

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot this at La Jolla Coves on christmas eve.
    D200; 500mm; f8; ISO200; 1/350sec
    Slight crop. Levels adjustment only. No sharpening or noise reduction done.

Looking for feedback. Be brutal :-)

Thanks for looking

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful light and a unique pose in this image as well as good exposure and detail. What I would change would be the cropping as the bird is centered in the frame and it is more desirable for there to be more space to the left leaving room for him to fly out. Also I would clone out the whites on the rock as they are a bit distracting and IMO the feathers on the beak. Over all a very nice capture and thanks for sharing.

Alfred Forns

Looks good for the little processing !!!!! Love the pose and behavior Good exp and bg Would have been even stronger with the light more behind you Avoids the shadow on the neck Excellent feel !!!!

Hillebrand Breuker

Great light and pose! I agree on the room on the left side. Also, you could consider to sharpen the bird to get more featherdetail. Especially on the back is a lot of potential!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stone in the foreground and shadows kind of distracted me from subject in this image. Pose of the subject and the shooting angle did not give much attention to the subject IMO. Personally, I see a great opportunity for a wonderful head shot in this.

Very nice exposure contorl.

Linda Robbins

Hi Murali -

Very nice behavior image, and good exposure control. Moving your position to point your shadow at the bird will give you more even lighting on your subject. In this image, your subject is too centered and quite tight in the frame. Generally, you will want lots more room in front of your subject than behind. The image needs some sharpening, and if your ethics allow, I would remove the feathers on the beak and the whitewash on the rocks. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Linda

DanWalters

Nice behavioral image. I agree about cloning out the white on the rocks, but I do not mind the feathers on the beak.