Thread: Any tips for next weekend in MA, NH?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Any tips for next weekend in MA, NH?

Hi,

I find myself on a business trip near Boston this week, and are looking forward to the next weekend I want to spent somewhere at the sea, preferable with some birding :-) I got my camera with me, so if there is any place for good opportunities (and easy for somebody from outside - I got a navigation system in the rental car, but even that needs road names...), I'd be delighted to hear!

Anything within <3 hours driving of Boston would be reasonable, I guess.

Regards and greetings!
    Christof

Axel Hildebrandt

You could go to Plum Island, Cape Ann or Cape Cod. You can check recent sightings in MA here: http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/MASS.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

Beste Grüße,

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Axel,

now that I'm back wanted to say thank you for your tips und vielen Dank! I chose Plum Island on Saturday morning, and wasn't out really early after a hard week (and finally having adjusted the 6 hour time zone difference, probably even overadjusted ;-), but the weather was so enticing, I stayed for hours even after there wasn't any good photo light having the harsh sun out at full strength.

Birds seen included next to a Great Egret some first times for me European: a Northern Mockingbird, some red-winged Blackbirds, and a whole tree full of Tree Swallows, to my delight - couldn't help but fell in love with them at once.

In addition, for everybody else wanting to go there first time I found the info on this website to be especially helpful:
    http://www.fws.gov/northeast/parkerriver/

Happy birding everyone!
    Christof

Axel Hildebrandt

Hi Christof,

I'm glad you had a good time at Plum Island. I love this place not only for the birds but also for the diverse landscape.

Alles Gute,
    Axel