Thread: Calgary to St. John's

John Knight

Default Calgary to St. John's

My wife and I will be driving from Calgary to St. John's, leaving here about mid-May. What would be some good photo-stops to make en route?:)

John

Threads
    Thank You Posts

John, not sure if you are looking specifiaclly for bird hotspots, or just general landscapes/sightseeing stops. Most federal/provincial parks will offer both...and every province will offer unique experiences and opportunities. From Banff, to Algonquin Park, to Gros Morne I'm sure you will find more than meets the eye! For canadian birding hotspots you may find some info here:

http://canadabirdingphotography.com/

Good luck, and have a safe and productive trip.

John Knight

Daniel,

I'm new into bird photography, so I guess that I'm looking for birding locations, but also interesting and scenic landscapes. We do want to visit the Chic Chocs and Forillon on the Gaspe Peninsula. We had also wondered about traveling along the north shore for a bit, then taking a ferry across the St. Lawrence, but haven't decided how far to go or where to cross yet. Any recommendations?

I'll have to check our the recommended website.

John

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

while traveling Newfoundland you may want to stop and see the Puffins at Cape Bonavista, on the northeastern side of the island. also, Cape St. Mary's ecological reserve should also be on your hit list as it is home to the second or third largest Northern Gannet colony in North America. the Cape lies on the South Eastern side of the Island.

John Knight

Nice shots. I'll keep those two places in mind. Thank you for the suggestions.

John