Thread: Great Bustard displaying

Miro Zumrik

Default Great Bustard displaying

Attached Images Attached Images

Last summer I have visited Hungary with target to see Great Bustard which is very rare spice. From the build small hide i was lucky enough to get pictures of whole series displaying bustard. Whites are visible for far distance in the bush which the main purpose - to attract female.
    Nikon D200 AF-S 200-400/4, ISO 100

DanWalters

Nice shot. I like the colors and the behaviour. Would like to see more of the head, but not sure if this is possible because of the display.

Axel Hildebrandt

Great behavior shot, he really looks impressive. :) Maybe you could give it a bit more room left and right. My only nit are the OOF blades of grass in the foreground. Asking to mow first is maybe a bit much expected, though. :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is very cool! The partially hidden face doesn't bother me because of the behaviour implied. I'd be tempted to clone out the blue sky at top.

Hillebrand Breuker

Last year I was in Hungary and this was one of our targetbirds to photograph. Fortunatly we saw it, but unfortunatly we could not photograph them. You did very well. Very nice image.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot Miro! Congratulations! I am also plannig a trip to Hungary this summer and hope I will get lucky.

Linda Robbins

Excellent display pose of this beautiful bird. I like the oof grass in the foreground and your low perspective. The head angle is great, even in his display posture, and the eye is clearly visible. Good exposure control. I also might consider removing the blue sky at the top of the frame. Lovely!

Linda

Ákos Lumnitzer

I too agree with removing the sky completely. It becomes more appealing immediately. It is a little tight still though both left and right sides.

Dobromir Dobrinov

Beautiful image,colours and light are very good.Maybe little more space in left !!!!