Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default African oystercatcher

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon Mark IV
    1/400

f.6,3
    iso 1600

Last edited by Peter Kes; 10-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello there! A few things to know: you can post up to 1024 pixels, and should do so. Also: could you tell us which lens was used? At what focal length were you shooting? I have an alternate crop for you, seeing as the bird at rightmost is cut off anyhow. Was thinking about a slice off the bottom also but it would be a shame to be without the interesting textures of the rock. Also, do you have any more room on top? It might be a worthwhile trick to add a little canvas. The distant mountains are most appealing...
    Name:  _IO_9656.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  210.9 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I ask your pardon
    Canon Mark IV
    Cano 300 f.2,8 + extender 1x4
    1/4000
    iso 1600
    f.6,3
    I have more space on the room but it is only sky.
    Thhose aren't mountain ..but the rack before the sea
    About your crp..thanks it could be an option but I prefer the toal image because, forme, the situation is the focal point and no the little piece of the bird out.
    Thanks a lot for your idea
    Gio

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful photo. I love the excess of black...actually looks really great, and makes the red colors of the birds really pop. I like the boke and spot highlights in the background as well, adds a nice touch.

I think there might be just a bit too much pop overall, though, as the bright spots of the muscles is rather distracting, which makes the photo just a little difficult to look at for longer periods. Might try to selectively tone down the highlights of the muscles and rocks without affecting the birds too much. The red beaks might stand just a small amount of desaturation as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Giovanni:

I think Jon raised some good points, about some of the bright highlights and the red saturation. I appreciate Jack's concern about the clipped tail on the rightmost bird, but I still prefer the original crop.

I think you managed quite good separation of the black birds from the dark background, considering how close the tones are.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Giovanni:
    Magnificent image.Very nice composition.Love the details in blacks and nice pop-ups of bill colors.

Regards,
    Satish.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot. Like your comp too. Exposure looks good and detail is nice in the blacks. I agree that the bright spots, especially the ones around the beaks, should be toned down. Good job..

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image, there is a lot to look at here and I enjoy the spacing of the subjects and the general composition,
    minus the tail clip on the right hand side...a bit unfortunate there. The background is a bit busy and distracts.
    Would not mind seeing a bit more sky portion in the upper part of the frame, not a lot, just a bit...I think the
    way the bird's face on the far right is showing under the bird in front of it is pretty clever looking!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello
    This crop could be berret ? If necessary I was sppossibility to more sky
    Thanks
    Gio