This month I am contributing one of my images: a night sky image around the constellation Cygnus. It is a 10 second exposure with a 24 mm f/1.4 lens at f/2, ISO 1600. The goal is to bring out the faint detail detail and maintain as much star colors as possible. Note too some hints of light pollution in one corner (faint orange glow). In particular, bring out the detail and color in the North America nebula, which you can see near center.

So show us your best on what you can do with this image. As with all images, BPN guidelines apply. You will need to process the image and create a jpeg not more than 1024 pixel wide to show your work. The photographer retains all rights, so this exercise is only for posting on BPN unless you get written permission from the photographer for other uses. All posted examples need an explanation of what you did. The more detail you can give, the better, as it can help others to better understand better your steps. Examples are in the other raw processing threads (to which you may still contribute). Also consider posting a 100% view of a small section to show the details.

The raw image is located here: http://www.clarkvision.com/bpnraw/ro...e.C45I1088.CR2

You may also process and post results from previous months. Last month's image did not get a big response. Was it too hard?

Roger