Thread: Spoonbill Take Off

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Spoonbill Take Off

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,
    This photo was taken this past week in Everglades National Park...Mid Morning...I do not have the camera settings available to me at this time however wanted to share the photo as I really like the "take-off" position of wings, the color it adds to the image and the reflection...there was no flash used.:confused:
    Camera was canon 40D; lens was 500 f4..with 1.4 ext.; Av mode....
    Best to all,
    Michael
    :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Michael it would be great to see a larger size. You can go up to 800 across. I like the wing position a lot (and I bet nearly everyone else will too)...I wish the whole reflection could be seen in this shot. I miss the head of the spoonie in the water. I can't tell from this size but the head looks like its softer and the wings were actually the focal point. Love the position of the bird!

Rich Ikerd

Really like the wing position and timing with the feet dragging in the water. You might consider making this a pano crop eliminating some/most of the reflection (having the head cut-off just doesn't work too well) and getting the image to focus on the spoonie a bit more.

David Chauvin

Love the light on the wing, but the focus does seem to have missed the eye. It is a bit tight on the top for my taste.

Alfred Forns

Hi Michel !!!

Excellent take off image !!! Agree with suggestions Would crop some from the bottom since the head is cut off as presented Difficult to evaluate at the small size but seems the sensor picked up the wing to lock on? If you have it would like more room up top !!!

Where did you find this bird?