Thread: Anticipation...

David Roach

Default Anticipation...

Attached Images Attached Images

Wako had been slow compared to Green Cay, so I hadn't been for about a month. Soon as I heard the GBH were going again, I arrived about a half hour before sunrise (had to wait for security guy to open gate). I spotted the now famous beginnings of the best nest, staked out the best spot for BG and morning light and waited. Two guys arrived 15 minutes later saying "You didn't think you'd be alone did you". One had a 1ds mk II and III, the other a D2x and digital Hasselblad (39Mpix). I said "You must be pros". They looked at me incredulously and replied "No, just a pair of idiots". We had a good laugh!!!! Photographed with 1dMKIIN 400 DO ISO 500 F10@1/1250

Marc Latrémouille

To die for!

The morning lightand passing of the material make this shot for me. I would however leave a bit more room on the top.

Beautiful!

Axel Hildebrandt

Excellent light and behavior, David. Also like the story. :) If you have some more room, a slightly wider crop might make it even better.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Simply gorgepus lighting David and the early arrival definitely paid off . Love the action you captured here and the big branch is a wonderful bonus. I do agree about a tad more room at the top and to the right . This would off center the image somewhat. Beautiful work and thanks for sharing !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, a little more room at the top, and a slightly better head angle from the female. Everthing else, however, is perfect. A very lovely image with wondrous light and sharpness.

As for the two self-professed idiots,

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

"No, just a pair of idiots". :D - it must be a funny time, ahhh :)
    The image is just brilliant!
    F10 is a bit too much in this case I think - the BG is a little distractive as it gets focused at f10. But this is just a note, otherwise the image is sooo great!

I see great potential in this DO lens, indeed. I have to think twice before going to buy again a 500mm f/4.

DanWalters

Great image. Really like the light and the interaction.

David Roach

Thanks to all for fantastic suggestions!!!!!! So much to learn..... I do have plenty of room as this about a 70% crop, so I will take that advice. I went with this crop to make the interaction more intimate. Yes, Nikolay, the 400DO has been wonderful!!!! Also works great with both extenders!!!!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

THis is fantastic. I would love a bit more room on top if you have it?

Jody Melanson

Love the contrast and colours in this image! Agree about room at top, but otherwise, spectacular!

Maxis Gamez

I almost missed this image.

What a lovely pose, these guys are so passionate about what they do is simply incredible. Love the light and details. Excellent work.

Dobromir Dobrinov

Beatuful image,wonderful light,agree about room at top and right!!!

Judd Patterson

Hey David, it's really nice to see you here at BPN. I agree that f/10 might be too much for the background and that a smoother appearance at perhaps f/7.1 might be a good experiment in the future. Love your story and hope that the Hasselblad photographer stops by and shows us what he created with that beast! See you around.