Thread: Spoonbill Couple

Rich Ikerd

Default Spoonbill Couple

Attached Images Attached Images

Another one from my encounter with a pretty good size flock of spoonbills out at MINWR before the holidays. Taken near sunset.
    D2X, 200-400mm @ 310mm, f/8 @ 1/500 sec, iso 400

Axel Hildebrandt

Great light and behavior, Rich. I would prefer if it were a tad brighter and maybe some more room on the right side. I find the big leaf in front of the left bird a bit distracting but don't think you could have done much about it.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Great action Rich and the lighting is lovely but would like to see it a bit brighter also. I agree with Axel on the cropping suggestions. Wonderful that you were able to get eye contact with both spoonbills. Thanks for sharing

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with Alex: image is very contrasty with colors somewhat muddy. Might try a Shadow/Highlights Adjustment to lighten the background... Framing is excellent and you did a good job of capturing the peak of action.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rich
    I'll echo what the others have suggested. It's a very nice behavioral image and certainly worth trying some shadows/highlights.