Thread: Taking a swim--female green frog

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Taking a swim--female green frog

Attached Images Attached Images

I saw this frog in my backyard and thought she was cool; I took her hand held with a D100.

28-105 at 105mm
    ISO 400
    f/10 1/250

My dad helped with post processing, specifically lightening the eye.

Comments and advice appreciated

Elizabeth

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice! I like being able to to see the body through the water. The eye is nice and sharp.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Elizabeth, you are doing really well with the hand-holding. I'm sure a lot of us "old guys" would be very happy to have the steady hands you have! I like the image a lot; nice composition, exposure, and color rendition. It could be a tad sharper for my eye, maybe just a touch of sharpening in post. Your dad is pretty good at that stuff - maybe he will help. Keep them coming young lady, we are here to help you learn.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Elizabeth - well done. I agree with Kerry that it could use a touch more sharpening. There are some good sharpening actions for the web that Morkel has linked to at the top of the Wildlife Forum. You may want to download and try one of those (it resizes the image for posting at the same time as it sharpens the image). I like how you have composed the image with room for the frog to jump into to the right. I would have maybe gone just a bit wider to have more room above and below. It's a little tight/close to the feet now. Looking forward to seeing more of your images.

TFS,
    Rachel