Thread: Rainbow Bee-Eater

Richard Mc Donald

Default Rainbow Bee-Eater

Taken quite a few months ago when half hanging over the side of cliff to try and get the right angle.

Name:  _65I2050.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  177.1 KB

1DIV - 800L - F/5.6 - ISO1250 - 1/2000 - +2/3 EV

Richard

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

very nice, good light and compo.i got a few shots yesterday with my 600 will post soon ! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow, beautiful shot, and bird! I love the pose and head angle. It's very sharp and I like the background. The only thing I might do is slightly tone down some of the brightest areas of the branch he's perched on, but that's just my preference. Your hanging from the cliff paid off!
    Regards,
    Kevin

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Richard,

Very sharp and beautiful colors! I assume there is a story to tell behind your cliff hanging ;)

My only suggestion would be to try a vertical crop instead of the square. The tip of the tail (not sure what those are officially called) seem very close to the edge of the frame. I'd like to see the spacing between the bird and the edge of the frame a little more balanced. But thats just my opinion.

Stephen

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi - great shot. I like everything about it, even the way the branch seems to divide the background into two regions each w/ their own color (blueish above and greenish/brownish below). I do agree w/ comments about toning down branch and like Richard's idea about trying a vertical crop. Why do the best shots always involve gymnastics, getting soaked, etc?