Thread: Video editing software suggestions?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Video editing software suggestions?

I am brand new to video capture/editing. I have the Nikon D800 and would like to explore the video capablity. I have used windows movie maker but I'm hoping there is something better than that! Help? Thanks in advance!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dan, I've been using Premiere Pro for about a year now. I do some (not enough) time lapse work and I really like that I can bring my raw files into After Effects, create the time lapse, and then import the video into a Premiere Pro project. Lynday.com has great tutorials for getting up to speed on editing in Premiere Pro

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My son has made numerous time lapses from DSLR single frames, as well as editing our old home movies. He uses Adobe Premier (I don't think it is the pro version, but I'll ask).

Note: I moved this thread to the DSLR video discussion forum from the critique forum as this is not a critique thread.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Clark; 09-15-2012 at 11:57 AM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have moved over to the Mac world. If you are using Mac then you can use FCPX. It is good.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Premiere is probably your best bet on Windows. Especially with the monthly subscription model, you don't have to put down a large sum of money to start working with it, and won't lose out on $1000 if you decide it's not for you. I've encountered some annoying bugs in CS6 while working with RAW video and complex After Effects compositions in Premiere timelines, but it works like a dream with Nikon D800 footage.

6. Thanks Dan Brown thanked for this post