Thank You Posts

Default Egret in flight w/habitat

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D3s
    500 mm f4
    ISo 1600
    HH
    1/640 f5.6
    I took this at Bombay Hook De. There are lots of these guys around albeit at a longer distance than i would like. I liked the warm light and habitat.
    Comments welcome!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bob, Nice shot. Was this taken today? I'm going to post my egret shot from this morning in a few minutes. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I'm in a gold Honda - I'd love to say "hello".

...Jerry

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jerry...I drive a dark blue Honda CRV when I go to Bombay Hook. What Kind of Gold Honda? I will look for you or perhaps we can agree to meet on a certain day. I am only 40 minutes away and retired so its easy for me to slip over there.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
    Jerry...I drive a dark blue Honda CRV when I go to Bombay Hook. What Kind of Gold Honda? I will look for you or perhaps we can agree to meet on a certain day. I am only 40 minutes away and retired so its easy for me to slip over there.
    It's a Gold Honda Accord - 4 door with Delaware tags. I'll PM you about getting together.

...Jerry

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bob,
    The almost pink color on the belly of the egret is really interesting, you did have some very nice lighting! Great flight capture. Something about the busyness of the background bothers me, it takes away the focus from the egret.

Richard Mc Donald

I like this one purely for the fact that we see a good proportion of the Egret's habitat in the shot.

Richard

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a nice environment shot, a very picturesque spot. If possible, I'd return to that very location multiple times under similar lighting conditions to see if I couldn't capture more birds/ variety of birds in the scene-it's that nice.