Thread: Pics; start to finish

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pics; start to finish

I would love to see some examples of pre and post processing photos. In this way, I think it would help some of us "newbies" realize and understand what types of tranformations take place in the images from start to finish. It is hard sometimes for me to realize the "potential" an image may have by applying the proper processing software and techniques.
    Rick

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN, Rick. If you go to the avian forum right now, look for Arthur Morris' black skimmer lying down on the beach. There is one example for you. Make sure that you go down the thread until you see the original photo also. You may also go to avian and look at the B&W photo posted by Morkel which is also still on the first page. His original is down the thread a ways. As I see others, I will let you know.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Rick,

We have a sort of monthly raw processing section in the Digital Workflow Forum.
    See: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...sing-Exercises

There you can see what people did with a raw file, and the different interpretations are interesting in my opinion. Everyone is welcome to work and post on any image from any month.

I do have to apologize to the membership, as we have not had a new exercise since May. I had the busiest travel schedule (almost all work) of my life, travelling more in the last 3 months than I usually do in a year. I did get a fun trip to Africa in August and just got back from Alaska (work) (my 3rd trip in August). In the next few days I hope to get a new exercise started.

We do need more contributions of raw images for the exercises. I have only a few left to go. Contributed images should be reasonably well exposed (a few minor blown highlights might be acceptable as an effort to repair such problems), interesting images that could be made great with reasonable post processing. If anyone has an image to contribute, either send me a small jpeg (BPN size), or a link to the image (a BPN link is fine too). Then we can work out how to get the raw file to me.

Roger

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks for the info. Thats a big help
    Rick

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Did not know about the monthly raw processing section, so glad to learn about that. The interpretations are indeed interesting. Also appreciate those who provide detailed steps to their interpretation.