Thread: Out of the Box Image of the Week for the week ending June 8th, 2012: Nancy Bell - Dream Horse

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Out of the Box Image of the Week for the week ending June 8th, 2012: Nancy Bell - Dream Horse

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Nancy!!!

First I used Topaz B&W Effects on the entire image using milk memories, where I experimented with all the sliders. Then I added 2 textures at various opacities and a couple of tweaks with curves. I erased the textures from the horse and kept his original blue eyes. Finally I used the blur tool on most of the horse, but not his face. I'll post the original in the next pane.

I was originally in the horse pasture sitting on the ground photographing a young colt with his mom. The mare called and this gelding came running out of nowhere. I spun around and just starting shooting away. I was surprised to see he was running straight towards me instead of the mare. When he got close enough I stood up and he veered away to the mare. They seemed to be a happy pair with the colt and eventually the gelding let me pet him. I think the gelding was ready to fight if I turned out to be a predator. It was very interesting to see the communication between these horses.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome Nancy! Congrats!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations, Nancy
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/