Grand Canyon National Park

Canon 7D
    Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L
    1/200 sec f/6.3 ISO 400 from car window

Levels, sharpening, and slight warming in CS6

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ian,

Nice to see other animals on the forum, nice job. Two things come to mind when I first view the picture (1) it needs leveling and (2) it could be sharper, I assume the slow shutter was low light? Not bad from a car window do you carry a sand bag for occasion like this,..I usually do.

You probably know the usually input here, fill flash would help with detail and highlight some of the dark areas. Higher ISO is an option but I would not go beyond 800 with the 7D,..but thats me. Nice subject placement you probably could remove a bit from the left side,..this is subjective. Nice one, love the young deer images - keep em coming.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ian, I agree with Jeff about the sharpness, there doesn't seem to be any critical focus to the image. I am not as happy as Jeff about the composition however, had you captured the entire animal in the frame then I would agree but this is a portrait and generally portraits use the portrait aspect. I would crop some from the left and a lot from the right and make this a vertical; as a bonus you would loose the bright areas in the background on the right. I don't feel any flow of the image to the right at all, but that's just me...
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for commenting, folks.