Thread: Freinds for Life.....Male Nilgiri Tahrs

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Freinds for Life.....Male Nilgiri Tahrs

Spotting the male Nilgiri Tahrs at Eravikulam NP in the Southern side of Western Ghats in India is very tough.But during our last visit we had the chance to see 2 of them hurtling across the park.....

Canon 400D,55-250IS,ISO200,1/200,7.1,ev metering

Threads
    Thank You Posts

VS,

What a great time with nature and beautiful picture ,..the opportunity here is to better control the frame. For example, you clipped the subjects and notice the image has edges that could use some minor cleaning. So important to capture the entire subject unless you are working a portrait angle.

There are some opportunities with the techs as well,.. the image is a bit soft try and using a 400 ISO when you need a faster shutter. On balance, I want you to work on composition and controlling the frame - the eye controls the camera. Thanks for positing an keep em coming!!
    Last edited by Jeff Cashdollar; 08-09-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with Jeff here. I would like to see more room around the subjects. I assume the rear end and feet were clipped in camera. Best to give some room around your subject in camera for later cropping if you need to, or go in tight for a head portrait.

These are very fine looking animals. Really like the splash of cream on the forelegs.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi VS, I agree with the comments regarding the framing. Unless you were extremely close I'm thinking you had plenty of room for the subjects at a lower focal length. Please include the actual focal length you used when using a zoom lens, it gives us more complete information for discussion. I will always use higher ISO settings to get the highest shutter speed possible when hand-holding. Remember that noise can be dealt with in post processing, but motion blur cannot.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com