Thread: Harris Checkerspot

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Harris Checkerspot

Attached Images Attached Images

This image was taken in New York State,last June. This species (Harris Checkerspot) is usually found only in wet marshy habitats that include its foodplant, the flat-topped white aster.
    Canon 10D,Sigma 150mm macro,iso 200,1/200 @ F16, flash.

Alfred Forns

Excellent capture Chris !!!! I like the placement of the Bfly and overall feel Would suggest cloning one leaf behind the insect and blur the leaf (in focus) in front of head !!!! Got a real nice one Congrats !!!!!

Robert Amoruso

I looked at this when first posted but received a call that took me away. I see that Alfred caught the two things I was going to comment on. I like the DOF on the butterfly and you got him parallel to the camera. Nice work Chris.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very nice image for sure. A few minor nits that have been covered....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice light, nice greens, wonderful compostion. The subject seems just a bit worn.

Keep up the good work. And later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

joel quenneville

Great shot. I like the way you composed (or cropped) to place the butterfly off center. The improvements have already been covered by the other posts and I agree about the two leaves.