Thread: Offering

RoxanaRosell

Default Offering

Attached Images Attached Images

This blue heron was photographed with a Canon MarkII 100-400 as he was bringing offerings to his mate.

Yves Matteau

This picture to me is fantastic. I tried many times to make good photos of the blue heron and know how hard it is to make them different and original.
    I would like to know more about the specifications like the aparture opening, exposure time,iso, etc...
    Cropping a bit of the top would have create more impact on the bird...but as a whole this picture is a success, Congrats...

Lori A. Cash

Great shot, Roxana. Love the sharpness of the heron. The patchwork of the twigs in the upper left hand corner is a little distracting to me, but overall a very nice capture of a heron in flight.

Enjoyed meeting you at the IPT last week.

Lori

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good job getting this GBH in flight. I like the action and the bg. The Heron does seem just a bit soft. Perhaps a little more usm on the bird.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Roxanna,

I agree with Jim regarding the soft. I would also turn down the highlights a bit. You did very well capturing the Heron in flight.

RoxanaRosell

Thanks for your comments. Jim, I am pretty new to this, what is usm?
    Yves this was a Raw image at f7.1 1/2000 ISO 500.

Jody Melanson

Pictures like this with a bird and a twig are hard to compose. I find if you almost center them with a little room up front works best. I added some canvas to yours, toned down the highlights, and sharpened with Focus Magic. Nice image!

USM stands for UnSharpen Mask.

RoxanaRosell

Jodi, thanks for taking the time to look at my picture and illustrate your suggestion. Will definitely look into Focus Magic in the web