Thread: A Pintail Whydah-Masai Mara, Kenya

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Pintail Whydah-Masai Mara, Kenya

One of the longest tail feathers I've seen in a small bird! It was difficult to keep it in frame and get a good head angle.
    7D and 100-400 L
    1/500
    f/5.6
    ISO 400

EastAfrica0206 by docsanjeev, on Flickr

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev, You cought it on nice perch in a nice pose. You did great getting him in frame and a great HA. I would be tempted to remove the grass touching it's tail from bottom and would also clone the branches on upper RHC and one at bottom. Exposure looks fine but I think this can take another round of sharpening. How big is the crop?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Sachin, it wasn't a very large crop maybe 20-30% at best. I agree on the sharpening and cloning the branches.
    regards
    sanjeev

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow !...an impossibly long...long tail. You have done well to fit it all in the frame and have it composed side on so well.Bird is lacking a little in sharpness and if wanted some clever clone work could remove some of the extra grass stalks etc, Overall a really interesting bird and no doubt a good one for any collection, great find Sanjeev

Ken Watkins

Sanjeev,

I have one of these that flitters around my garden trying to impress the ladies, and am yet to get a reasonable image. Well done to find one stopped for a little while