• Kerry Perkins

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...
      Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    • Most Recent Threads

Geoffrey Montagu

White-crowned Sparrow (Juvenile)

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this image yesterday as the sun was just about to drop below the nearby forest at one of my favorite local grasslands. C&C welcome.

Last Post By: Geoffrey Montagu Today, 09:51 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Taken from my back garden hide, baited with sunflower seeds

Olympus OMD E M1X, 40-150mm & MC14 (421mm equiv) Auto ISO 640, 1/640 sec

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 06:55 AM Go to last post
      arash_hazeghi

Kestrel

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

Another Kestrel image from a few weeks ago. This one shows the under wings and a bit of the tail

got so many of these in one pass

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 12:20 AM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

theme: squeezing in and under the berries!

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

Yard bird. I like how the finch is navigating his way through the land of berries... I cropped vertically so i could include the leaf on top, colors

Last Post By: annmpacheco Yesterday, 06:31 PM Go to last post
      dankearl

White Pelican

Thread Starter: dankearl

Taken at Malheur refuge in Eastern Oregon a few day ago.
      D500, 700mm (500pf w/ 1.4), f8, 1/1600, iso200
      wp2bpn.jpg

Last Post By: arash_hazeghi Today, 12:54 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

Lion's Mane

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 10/2/20 at 5:28PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Camera on sticks triggered with

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 07:01 AM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 9/20/20 at 6:31PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: John Mack Yesterday, 04:35 PM Go to last post
      Brian Sump

Cormon man

Thread Starter: Brian Sump

Plain ol' Cormorant but nice to start getting some decent BIF with the new gear.

Canon R5
      600mm + 1.4x
      Handheld

Last Post By: annmpacheco Yesterday, 06:34 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

New Mod in Wildlife

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

It gives Gabriela and myself huge pleasure in announcing that Jon Ashton has agreed to be part of the Mod team here in the Wildlife Forum. Jon is well

Last Post By: Marc Mol Today, 03:46 AM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Just a dove!

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

This is another from my series from a hide at Hampi, Karnataka, India.
      1DX II
      700mm
      1/1000
      f/6.3
      ISO 5000

Last Post By: dankearl Yesterday, 06:02 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Hey, you looking at me ??

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Thats what the bear seems to be saying to me :-) Maybe a bit more warmth in white balance ?
      5D IV
      200mm
      1/1250
      f/5.6
      ISO

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Today, 10:16 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Song Sparrow

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

I'm an eternal optimist, so I check out every sparrow that twitches in the bushes, hoping it will be a Vesper, Lincoln's, Clay-colored, or other semi-rarity.

Last Post By: Brian Sump Yesterday, 10:43 PM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

Baird's Sandpiper

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image in Sand Hollow State Park, UT
      I saw these birds foraging in distance. So I picked my foreground/background with my camo wear

Last Post By: dankearl Yesterday, 06:06 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 9/21/20 at 6:08PM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar Yesterday, 11:58 AM Go to last post
      Kurt Bowman

Hello from Arizona!

Thread Starter: Kurt Bowman

Hi everyone,

I’ve spent most of my time where I grew up in Colorado, but moved south to Arizona a few years ago. I live in a small town just

Last Post By: gail bisson Yesterday, 08:17 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics