• Kerry Perkins

Published on 12-29-2012 04:49 PM
      Article Preview

This Osprey flight image was created with the hand held Canon 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens, the 1.4X III teleconverter,
      Published on 10-13-2012 01:32 PM
      Article Preview

This is the assembled Lens Align Mark II. Thanks to Michael Tapes for the image.

Why Micro-adjust?

It’s simple. While the images made with most rigs are sharp, in many cases, they will be that much sharper with more fine detail once a given camera body/lens or camera body/TC/lens combination has been properly micro-adjusted. While some of my rigs are spot on, others have needed front- or back-focusing corrections as high as +/- 12 units.

The Lens Align Mk II; Micro-adjusting Magic

Ever since the introduction of digital camera bodies that feature micro-adjustments for individual lenses, folks--including me--have been searching for a quick, easy way to make those micro-adjustments. When I was working on the 7D and the Mark IV User's Guides, I worked hard on developing a make-it-yourself cardboard rig that was a big improvement on the original version. But in reality, it did not offer the needed precision. And in addition to the extremely low cost, the rig took up lots of space--heck, it was huge, and using it was tedious.
      Published on 09-18-2012 10:19 PM
      Article Preview

I was walking along a narrow path next to Little Estero Lagoon while scouting for a Southwest Florida IPT. About 50 yards ahead of me there were two American Oystercatchers foraging. The only problem was that 35 yards ahead of me a photographer was lying on his belly photographing the pair of attractive birds. They were catching big worms and the light was lovely… What to do? The guy was on the wet sand was facing away and was not at all aware that I was there. If I called to him (to ask if I could join him) I risked scaring the birds away. So I stood there for 30 minutes and watched with a bit of envy. Finally I decided that I would join him by starting my crawl from way back so as not to flush the birds.
      I advanced slowly a few yards, remaining well outside of this species usual circle of fear. I slowly and carefully got down on one knee and the birds did not notice me, but as I lowered myself to the prone position, ...
      Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    • Most Recent Threads

kevin Hice

American Widgeon

Thread Starter: kevin Hice

Shot from my floating blind in a Nd slough last May. This is really my first good widgeon shot was hoping for more of that green on the head. Processed

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 03:04 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Great tit (Parus major)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Well believe it or not Spring is on the way! Image captured in the back yard/garden.

OM-1 OLYMPUS M.150-400mm F4.5
      Focal Length (35

Last Post By: kevin Hice Yesterday, 05:23 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XX

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks ... here is one big male getting rid of water from his fur , after chasing around the river for Salmon

Canon EOS 1Dx
      EF 500

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea 03-17-2024, 11:08 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Alpine Chough III

Hi folks another one from the Swiss Alps ... Alpine Chough in a funny flight maneuver .
      BG is a mountain wall .... with snow and lying in

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Yesterday, 04:12 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XIV

Hi folks ... back to action
      Image taken at Kuril Lake close to a river mouth .... when you shooting this sequence hard to realize how close

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea 03-17-2024, 11:20 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula))

Male Bullfinch eating leaf shoots, image captured at local woodlands - hand held. I left the extraneous twigs in, the image is a crop to eliminate a

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-16-2024, 07:59 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Siskin ( M )

Hi folks ... one image from my pop up feeder in the local woods
      I do like the vertical pose with the head turn .... I left the lonely twig in the

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-15-2024, 11:41 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F) XVIII

Hi folks ... this one reminds of classy a " Teddy Bear " .
      Does look so fluffy and innocent with his fur around the head .

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-13-2024, 11:36 AM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Black grouse (Lyrurus tetrix)

Black grouse captured from my car window, taken around sunrise.

OM-1 150-400TC
      Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 1402.0mm
      Exposure

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton 03-15-2024, 10:44 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Bull Finch ( M )

Hi folks ... one from my parents garden .
      Use that location for some bird shooting from time to time , as the birds are more or less used to humans

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-15-2024, 11:42 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XVII

Hi folks ...
      a peaceful scene of those males waiting patiently for the Salmon to come up the stream for spawning .
      Even if being closely

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 03-13-2024, 11:28 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics