• James Shadle

by Published on 11-15-2011 12:40 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements

I'm happy to announce some recent changes to BPN's Forum Guidelines, Member Benefits and Staff.
      First, the changes made to our Forum Guidelines.

#10 Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsibility of removing objectionable and/or off topic posts. A warning may be sent to the offending party or parties involved. If the rule violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can be terminated without notice.

#13Private Messaging is for personal use only - using it as a mass-marketing tool is forbidden. All forum rules apply to Private Messaging including but not limited to- not harassing, agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative to another user or Staff Member.

#15 Members nor Users will be permitted to restrict or inhibit any other member or user from using and enjoying the forum by harassing, intentionally agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative. If BPN Administrators or Moderators determine that a user has violated this rule, a warning may be sent to the offending party. If the violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can and will be terminated without notice.

#16 If asked by a BPN Administrator or forum Moderator to cease posting content deemed offensive, objectionable, off topic, or in poor taste by said Administrator forum Moderator, you must agree to do so.

#18 Images should not exceed 250 kilobytes nor should they exceed 1024 pixels on the horizontal side or 800 pixels on the vertical side.

Red:Text
      Added
      Green: Text Removed

In addition to clarifying our guidelines we have added two new forum features.
      by Published on 03-13-2011 03:25 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements
      Article Preview

So many great images and only one IOTY winner!
      That winner is Chris Kotze.

Please join me in congratulating Chris Kotze for having his image "Catch of the Day" selected as the BirdPhotographers.Net Image Of The Year for 2010!
      by Published on 11-11-2010 12:49 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements

As mentioned in an earlier thread ( http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...hoto-and-Video!) we have Membership fees that are among the lowest on the internet.

No one at BPN receives a salary or is on a payroll. We have no employees.
      Our modest membership fees(only $20 US annually)are used to maintain our website. Those of you who have been around awhile have surely noticed the greatly improved reliability, speed and forum features implemented since July 2010.

Those changes were not and are not cheap. However, we made the investment for a fast, feature rich, reliable forum that our members can enjoy on several different levels.

To join, just follow this link: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/payments.php

Here is a complete (almost:o) list of member benefits.
      Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    • Most Recent Threads

arash_hazeghi

Green salad

Thread Starter: arash_hazeghi

Ibis enjoying his green salad, from a local park

shot with Sony A9 II and 200-600 f/6,3 + TC 1.4X. 400mm f/8 1/3200 sec ISO-2000. hand held.

Last Post By: Geoffrey Montagu Yesterday, 06:49 PM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Red Deer

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon 1DX Mk2
      f/4 400mm DO Mk2
      f/5.6
      1/250
      ISO 1250

I've recently returned from a trip up North where I managed to

Last Post By: William Dickson Yesterday, 05:16 PM Go to last post
      David Roach

Sun Rising on the flats...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/1000 ISO 800 HH, Manual mode, cropped for portrait

This morning, lying in the mud on the flats of Tigertail

Last Post By: David Roach Yesterday, 04:17 PM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

WTK - The Eye

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

Out at a local Regional Park yesterday. Pair of WTK often there but obscured by branches. This one gave me a little love.

A9ii, 600GM 2XTC,

Last Post By: Jay Ing Yesterday, 09:58 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Emperor dragonfly (m) Anax imperator)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

This dragonfly was cruising around my garden pond, I managed a few shots either direction.
      Hand held Olympus: E-M1X
      Lens focal length : 300

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Yesterday, 05:49 AM Go to last post
      James Babbitt

How much time to spend on beak

Thread Starter: James Babbitt

Shot this Chipping Sparrow in eastern Oregon (before the fires and smoke came). Shot with Canon 5D4, 500 mm II at point blank range-right at MFD. I

Last Post By: James Babbitt Yesterday, 05:51 PM Go to last post
      John Mack

White-tail buck

Thread Starter: John Mack

This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 8/4/20 at 8:01AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Small crop.

Last Post By: John Mack 09-18-2020, 02:46 PM Go to last post
      David Roach

I waited, now it's MY turn...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R RF 100-500 RF 1.4xtc @700 f10 1/1300 ISO 800 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for composition

Last Post By: David Roach Yesterday, 04:10 PM Go to last post
      Brian Sump

THEME: Back Off!

Thread Starter: Brian Sump

Apparently I wasn't getting the memo.

It was a fun summer with this spectacular species - Lazuli Bunting.

D850

Last Post By: Jay Ing Yesterday, 03:02 PM Go to last post
      dankearl

Osprey Dive.

Thread Starter: dankearl

An awful last month or 2 for photography between continued closures
      and choking unbreathable air on the west coast for 2 weeks, I went back to early

Last Post By: Jay Ing Yesterday, 03:04 PM Go to last post
      kevin Hice

Red-necked-Phalarope non breeding plumage

Thread Starter: kevin Hice

Shot in local slough in Nd.Shot from my float able blind.Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop. I did add some to the catch light as it was very faint.Thanks

Last Post By: Brian Sump Yesterday, 10:32 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Splish, Splash...

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image of a Green-winged Teal at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. I guess I wish I would have taken one step left, just a tad behind

Last Post By: David Roach 09-18-2020, 06:06 PM Go to last post
      Steve Kaluski

India's Grey Treepie

Thread Starter: Steve Kaluski

These birds are very common, as soon as you stop, they just seem to emerge from the bushes, hoping for any tit bits of food from photographers who have

Last Post By: David Roach Yesterday, 04:27 PM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Hooded Merganser In Funky Green Water.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

This young individual allowed close approach this summer. It was, however, always with some reeds in the way for me to get down as low as I usually prefer.

Last Post By: kevin Hice 09-18-2020, 04:48 PM Go to last post
      annmpacheco

rock ptarmigan chick

Thread Starter: annmpacheco

Taken last summer in Iceland as Gail B. and I weathered the rainstorm... We were shooting the female and whammo: all six chicks busted loose from under

Last Post By: John Mack 09-18-2020, 03:26 PM Go to last post
    Web Analytics