View RSS Feed

denise ippolito

Lowepro Pro Roller x200

Rate this Entry
[SIZE=2][COLOR=teal]Approximately one year ago I was planning a trip down to Florida to visit Artur Morris for a week of shooting. He very kindly offered to send me a Lowepro Pro Roller bag x200. He said when he sent it that maybe I could do a product review on it. I have now used that bag for a year and feel that I can give an honest review of the bag and comment on it’s functionality and durability. I would recommend the Lowepro Pro Roller x200 bag to anyone with similar gear that travels as I do. I cannot comment on the other bags in the series as I have not used any of them.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The Lowepro Pro Roller Series comes in 3 sizes x100/ x200/ x300.
I have the x200 and I like it a lot. It is well built and fits easily in the overhead compartments of all full size airplanes. I have traveled extensively with it for a year and have not had any problems fitting it into the overhead compartments, however when you are traveling on smaller planes it doesn’t fit and you are usually asked to check it at the gate. Always be prepared to do that. Have your case packed properly and securely so that you do not need to worry about your gear if it needs to be checked at the gate. I also wait at the gate and personally hand it to the luggage loader myself, stating that it is very sensitive gear and asking if they could not place it on the bottom of the pile [IMG]http://deniseippolito.com/diwp01/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG] The bag also comes with a 3-digit combination lock that has a retractable cable which connects all of the zippers on the case universally. The lock is recognized and accepted by TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

There are removable padded spacers and dividers inside of the case that have Velcro grips which can easily be moved around to accommodate your varied lenses etc. These dividers can also be removed, that is what I did with many of them in order to fit my Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens. I first pack my 500mm lens with the lens hood turned around and the original lens cover on. Then I pack the rest of my gear which includes: Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 5D, Canon 100-400mm lens, Canon 24-105mm lens, The 1.4 and 2x Teleconverters, Better Beamer, flash, flash bracket, filters, misc. items. The bag comes with a small zippered case which I use to put all my extra camera batteries and flash batteries in, I pack that in my regular checked bag along with my Gitzo GT3530LS Tripod/ and Wimberley Head Version II.
The bag is well constructed. The side supports are strong and I have not seen any indication of wear and tear. The roller wheels are sturdy and I have not had any issues with them falling off, wobbling or breaking but they can easily be replaced with a 4mm Allen wrench. The outside material is durable and sleek it also repels water although it is not waterproof. The bag features an outside padded compartment that is designed to hold most 15.4 inch notebooks. To read more about the [URL="http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/detail_page.cfm?ProductID=LP36033PEU"]Lowepro Pro Roller x200 [/URL]or to purchase one of your own visit [URL="http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/detail_page.cfm?ProductID=LP36033PEU"]Hunts Photo and Video[/URL].

Size:
INTERIOR:
12.2W x 6.6D x 19.8H in.
31 x 16.8 x 50.5 cm
EXTERIOR:
15.7W x 11.2D x 24.2H in.
40 x 28.5 x 61.5 cm
NOTEBOOK:
12.7W x 1.1D x 18.1H in.
32.5 x 3 x 46 cm
Size(Exterior):
15.7W X 11.2D X 24.2H in./
40 X 28.5 X 61.5 cm
Weight:
13.23lbs/6kg
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Updated 01-24-2011 at 11:11 PM by denise ippolito

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like how much stuff you are able to pack in that bag.
    Thanks Michael, It really does hold a lot of gear.
Web Analytics