View RSS Feed

denise ippolito

Lonaconing Silk Mill 2-Day Workshop

Rate this Entry
Join me at Lonaconing Silk Mill, in Lonaconing Maryland for a two day photography workshop. We will photograph on Saturday May 12th from 1:00pm till 5:00pm inside the mill, then outside of the mill till 6pm. We will break for an hour then we will spend time sharing our images with the group. This will aid us all in seeing different views, perspectives, etc.. I will give an HDR processing and Photoshop demonstration. Sunday morning at 9am we will head back out to the Silk Mill to capture all of those images that we missed. :) This will give us one full afternoon and one full morning shoot.

Rain or shine
Date: Saturday & Sunday May 12th-13th
Time: Meet at 12:45pm sharp Saturday afternoon at the Silk Mill
Place: Lonaconing Silk Mill, Lonaconing Maryland
Cost: $350.00pp (which includes the $150.00pp admission fees)
Bring a sturdy tripod, an assortment of lenses, I will be bringing my wide angle, macro, medium telephoto, lensbaby composer and fisheye. Bring your flash if you like.
A detailed PDF with additional instructions and hotel recommendation will be sent out upon registration. This workshop needs a minimum of 12 participants.

About the Silk Mill:
The Lonaconing Silk Mill or aka the Klotz Throwing Company is located in Lonaconing, Maryland within the National Lonaconing Historic District along the Cumberland and Pennsylvania Railroad’s mainline. The mill shut down operation in 1957 and has fallen into disrepair. One of the owners of the silk mill is trying to raise money to restore the mill and has allowed photographers to enter the dilapidated building for a fee. After speaking with the owner the opportunity to photograph here may be lost forever if he is forced to sell.
[URL]http://deniseippolito.com/2012/03/2nd-lonaconing-silk-mill-workshop-announced/[/URL]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Web Analytics