• BPN Outage

Dear Photographers,

BPN has just been reactivated after its longest outage in its history. BPN was victim of 2 specific events that lead to the outage.
      The first was the continued attacks on BPN software and services that caused other sites to experience phishing. As a result, a request was issued to our domain hoster to shut down the birdphotographers.net domain. The domain was deactivated on the 29th of June.
      After cleaning up all infected files on our hosting site, we requested reactivation. However, our domainname was still registered towards the old administrator of BPN. When BPN was handed over to the current administration, the old administrator was requested to confirm the transfer, but never did. Hence the old domain registration email was never changed and when the 'adminstrator' was asked to confirm the activation, we never got the mail to respond.

This event caused the longest outage as it was very difficult to communicate to the domain hoster (via chat only) and it was not clear how we could transfer full ownership (i.e. remove and change the old administrator email address). Last night (8 July) BIRDS AS ART staff and owner Arthur Morris handed me the necessary documents to be handed over to the domain registrar.
      And this morning I discovered we are back online !! Great news and a big relief.

We will take further actions to prevent this from happening again and if all goes well, you, the BPN community, will not notice the change.

Finally, we recognise that you have been deprived of BPN's services: we have decided to extend all BPN Members (paying members) to extend their membership expiration with one month.
      I hope to be able to complete this before the end of July: it requires some direct editing of database fields and records, not a trivial task.

With kind regards and happy snapping,

The Admin Team
      This article was originally published in forum thread: BPN Outage started by Peter Kes View original post
    • Most Recent Threads

Colin Driscoll

Optimist

Thread Starter: Colin Driscoll

The Darter having a go at lining the fish up.
      1DXII 600mm F/4L III 1.4x III 840mm HH
      1/1600 f10 iso800
      Cropped, levels, S&H, NR

Last Post By: Randy Stout Today, 07:26 AM Go to last post
      Dorian Anderson

Ruddy Turnstone

Thread Starter: Dorian Anderson

Another one from Nickerson. Gonna be this way for the next week since Nickerson is easy shooting and the feedback I get is really helpful.

Last Post By: Aditya Sridhar Today, 05:55 AM Go to last post
      haseeb badar

Old Lady !

Thread Starter: haseeb badar

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

Positing a Tiger image from

Last Post By: Matt Sutherland Today, 12:29 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Lion cubs feeding at milk bar ...

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks .... maybe too many lions at the moment , but i could not resist posting as i think too many images from Sanjeev .... LOL . Just kidding

Last Post By: Matt Sutherland Today, 12:31 AM Go to last post
      gail bisson

Spotted Sandpiper chick

Thread Starter: gail bisson

I was fortunate to have a spotted sandpiper nest on my property this year. Once I spotted the chicks on the beach I watched to see where they liked to

Last Post By: Randy Stout Today, 07:39 AM Go to last post
      Geoffrey Montagu

Black Skimmer

Thread Starter: Geoffrey Montagu

Captured this incoming display at Nickerson Beach Aug. 2, as this Black Skimmer was letting know it had a nearby family. C&C welcome.

Last Post By: Matt Sutherland Today, 12:40 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Has Anybody Seen My Foot?

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

This unfortunate fellow must have had a nest nearby. I got a number of frames of him coming in for a landing in the grass. Nickerson, 2 August.

Last Post By: Dorian Anderson Yesterday, 04:59 PM Go to last post
      Colin Driscoll

Spear Fisher

Thread Starter: Colin Driscoll

This Australasian Darter (Anhinga) took on the task of swallowing this monster, and lost. Got quite a few shots of the antics while it was trying.

Last Post By: gail bisson Today, 05:10 AM Go to last post
      Aditya Sridhar

Slender-billed Gull

Thread Starter: Aditya Sridhar

This image was shot at a local dock during sunset. I wonder if everyone else sees a weird green/cyan color cast to the water and the wings or if it's

Last Post By: gail bisson Today, 05:15 AM Go to last post
      Moe Richard

Sanderling

Thread Starter: Moe Richard

This was taken in the same Pacific Northwest coastal area as the Ruddy Turnstone. Overcast to foggy conditions and flat light. I did have a difficult

Last Post By: Matt Sutherland Today, 12:54 AM Go to last post
      dankearl

Pretty proud of myself....

Thread Starter: dankearl

Proud Gull with starfish.
      I am going with juvenile California Gull but will stand corrected..
      D500, 500pf, f5.6, 1/3200, iso160
      DSC_8817tk.jpg

Last Post By: gail bisson Today, 05:17 AM Go to last post
      Dorian Anderson

American Oystercatcher

Thread Starter: Dorian Anderson

More fun from Nickerson. I liked this one since he raised his wings as the waves consumed him. I was soaked after this shot. Thankfully, my rig was not......

Last Post By: Dorian Anderson Yesterday, 03:30 PM Go to last post
      Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

Juvenile Lion

Thread Starter: Sanjeev Aurangabadkar

A young lion watches the pride lazing in the grasslands of Masai Mara.
      5D IV
      100-400 II
      1/800
      f/5.6
      ISO 3200

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Yesterday, 01:55 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Turnstone (Arenaria interpres)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

Hand held
      Image input equipment model : E-M1X
      Lens Model : OLYMPUS M.300mm F4.0
      Lens focal length : 300 mm
      Focal length in 35

Last Post By: dankearl 08-15-2019, 03:38 PM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Common Bluets Vying For the Perch.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

A had a great time photographing dozens upon dozens of Common Bluets all wanting a piece of this single "perch" poking up from the water in

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Yesterday, 05:35 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics